Custom Nitrile Rubber Sheeting
At DLR, we leverage our deep-rooted understanding of elastomer engineering with advanced manufacturing capabilities to deliver customised Nitrile Rubber Sheeting solutions that meet your unique industrial requirements. DLR’s Nitrile Rubber Sheeting encapsulates our commitment to providing high-grade, versatile elastomer solutions. With excellent oil and fuel resistance, coupled with good mechanical properties and abrasion resistance, our Nitrile Rubber Sheets are designed to cater to challenging industrial environments.
Custom Rubber Sheeting
DLR’s commitment to bespoke solutions recognises the inadequacy of one-size-fits-all answers for specialised industrial applications. We create Nitrile Rubber Sheets that are tailor-made to suit your specific needs. Renowned across diverse sectors such as oil and gas, automotive, and food processing, our Nitrile Sheeting is engineered to excel under demanding conditions. DLR takes pride in its meticulous attention to detail and precision. Every Nitrile Rubber Sheet we manufacture is engineered precisely to meet your exact specifications – thickness, hardness, colour, texture, and more. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing processes ensure consistent quality and precision in each product.
What Are the Typical Applications of Nitrile Rubber Sheeting
Nitrile rubber also known as NBR or Buna-N rubber, is used extensively across numerous industries due to its excellent resistance to oils, fuels, and certain types of chemicals. Here are some typical applications of Nitrile Rubber Sheeting:
- Automotive: It is used in automotive fuel and oil handling applications, including diaphragms, gaskets, hoses, and seals, due to its excellent oil and fuel resistance.
- Oil and Gas: In the oil and gas industry, Nitrile rubber is used extensively for seals, gaskets, and other applications due to its exceptional resistance to petroleum-based oils and fuels.
- Aerospace: Nitrile rubber is used in various components in the aerospace industry, including fuel system components and gaskets.
- Food and Beverage: Special grades of Nitrile rubber sheeting approved by the FDA can be used in applications requiring direct food contact, such as gaskets and seals for food processing and handling equipment.
- Industrial: Due to its good mechanical properties and durability, Nitrile rubber is widely used in various industrial applications, including abrasion-resistant components, oil-resistant gaskets, and other machine parts.
- Marine: Nitrile rubber sheeting is used in the marine industry for seals, gaskets, and water handling due to its excellent water and oil resistance.
- Construction: Nitrile rubber sheeting finds applications in construction, specifically in window and door seals, water-proofing applications, and vibration dampeners.
What Are the Properties of Nitrile Rubber?
Some key properties of Nitrile Rubber include:
- Oil and Fuel Resistance: Nitrile rubber is well-known for its excellent resistance to petroleum-based oils and fuels. It is a common choice for automotive and other industries where oil and fuel resistance is crucial.
- Good Abrasion Resistance: Nitrile rubber exhibits good resistance to wear and tear, making it durable and long-lasting for many applications.
- High Tensile Strength: Nitrile rubber boasts high tensile strength, enabling it to withstand significant stress and strain without breaking or deforming.
- Resistance to Heat and Aging: Nitrile rubber can withstand moderate heat and displays excellent resistance to ageing, contributing to its longevity in many industrial applications.
- Water Resistance: Nitrile rubber provides superior resistance to water, making it suitable for applications involving water and other liquids.
- Good Elongation Properties: This property allows nitrile rubber to be stretched without easily breaking, making it suitable for various manufacturing applications.
- Chemical Resistance: While not as broadly resistant as some other elastomers, nitrile rubber does offer resistance to a range of chemicals, including certain oils, fuels, and greases.
These properties make nitrile rubber a versatile material suitable for many applications. However, it’s worth noting that it doesn’t perform well in weathering and ozone exposure conditions or when exposed to polar solvents and strong acids. Therefore, it’s crucial to understand the environment and conditions where the nitrile rubber will be used.
Why Choose DLR Elastomer For Your Custom Rubber Sheeting?
DLR Elastomer has been helping our clients with their rubber requirements since 1895. Our history and expertise show in our high standards, and we proudly comply with ISO14001 and ISO9001 standards. All our products are researched, designed, tested and manufactured here in the UK at our Leyland site, and we are proud to comply with the Made In Britain code of conduct.
All our custom rubber sheeting products are manufactured in-house, and our strict quality control protocols and attention to detail ensure that each client receives a premium product for their particular need. The team here at DLR Elastomer are ready and waiting to speak to you about your requirements, so get in touch today.
Nitrile Rubber Sheeting FAQs
Custom Nitrile Rubber Sheeting is synthetic rubber tailored to meet your unique requirements. We provide Nitrile Rubber Sheets suited for your specific industrial needs with customisation options for parameters such as thickness, hardness, and texture.
Absolutely! At DLR, we specialize in providing custom solutions to our clients. Our team will guide you through the entire process, from design and material selection to prototyping and final production, ensuring your specific requirements are met.
Nitrile Rubber Sheeting typically operates effectively in temperatures ranging from -40°C to +120°C. However, this can vary based on the specific grade of the nitrile rubber used and the application’s specific requirements.
While Nitrile Rubber Sheeting offers excellent resistance to oils, fuels, and water, it’s not recommended for long-term outdoor applications, as it has limited resistance to weathering and ozone exposure. However, special grades of nitrile rubber with improved weathering resistance are available for such applications.
Any questions? Get in touch
Since 1895 DLR has been combining expansive knowledge of materials, their properties, and processing techniques to develop bespoke mouldings and fabrications for many industry sectors. Our core services include moulding rubber, rubber sheeting, Petroseals, and cast polyurethane products. If you have any questions about our products, our process or the materials we use get in touch today!