Custom Viton® Rubber Sheeting
Experience the exceptional performance and versatility of our distinguished product – Custom Viton® Rubber Sheeting. At DLR, we combine our profound understanding of elastomer engineering with top-tier production capabilities to deliver customized Viton® Rubber Sheeting solutions tailored to your unique industrial needs. We take pride in our attention to detail and precision. Every Viton® Rubber Sheet we produce is meticulously designed and manufactured to meet our clients’ specifications – from thickness and hardness to colour and texture.
Custom Rubber Sheeting
Understanding that one-size-fits-all solutions are often inadequate for specialized industrial applications, we at DLR have committed ourselves to creating Viton® Rubber Sheets that are custom-engineered to meet your unique specifications. Trusted in various sectors, from automotive to chemical processing, our Viton® Sheeting is designed for outstanding performance under demanding conditions.
Our Viton® Rubber Sheeting is more than just a product; it embodies our commitment to delivering high-grade, versatile elastomer solutions. Known for their impressive resistance to high temperatures and chemicals and excellent ageing properties, our Viton® Rubber Sheets stand out in meeting challenging industrial requirements.
What Are the Typical Applications of Viton® Rubber Sheeting
Viton® rubber is a high-performance synthetic rubber used across many industries due to its exceptional resistance to high temperatures, oils, fuels, and various chemicals. Here are some of its typical applications:
- Automotive and Aerospace: Viton® Rubber Sheeting is widely used in these industries due to its ability to resist damage from fuel, synthetic lubricants, and high temperatures. It’s often found in fuel system seals, hoses, o-rings, gaskets, and other components that come into contact with engine fluids.
- Oil and Gas Industry: Viton® Rubber Sheeting is commonly used for sealing applications within oil and gas pipelines due to its excellent resistance to hydrocarbons, petroleum oils, and gasoline.
- Chemical Processing: In chemical plants, Viton® Rubber Sheeting is used for tank linings, gaskets, and seals because of its resistance to various chemicals.
- Power Generation: This rubber sheeting finds application in power plants and other energy-producing installations because of its resistance to high temperatures and various chemicals.
- Semiconductor Industry: Due to its high heat resistance and excellent sealing properties, Viton® Rubber Sheeting is often used in semiconductor fabrication processes.
- Pharmaceutical and Food Processing: While its use is more limited in these industries, Viton® Rubber Sheeting is used in some applications requiring resistance to specific chemicals or temperatures.
What Are the Properties of Viton® Rubber?
Viton® rubber, also known as FKM or Fluoroelastomer, is known for its exceptional range of properties that make it ideal for many industrial applications. These properties include:
- High-Temperature Resistance: Viton® rubber exhibits excellent resistance to high temperatures, typically up to 200°C (392°F) or higher for short durations. This makes it a preferred choice in industries such as automotive and aerospace, where components are often exposed to extreme heat.
- Chemical Resistance: One of the defining properties of Viton® rubber is its superior resistance to a wide range of chemicals, including oils, fuels, lubricants, and most mineral acids. This chemical resistance extends to exposure to weathering, oxidation, and UV radiation.
- Low Permeability to Gases: Viton® rubber is recognized for its low gas permeability, particularly to gases like nitrogen and hydrogen. This makes it ideal for seals and gaskets in high vacuum and fuel systems.
- Excellent Mechanical Properties: Viton® rubber exhibits robust mechanical properties, including high tensile strength, low compression set, and good abrasion resistance, contributing to its durability and longevity.
- Flame Resistance: Unlike many other types of rubber, Viton® exhibits good resistance to burning, making it suitable for applications where flame and heat resistance are critical.
- Resistance to Aging and Weather: Viton® rubber offers excellent resistance to ageing, weather, ozone, and sunlight, maintaining its mechanical properties over time.
- These superior properties make Viton® rubber a versatile material for numerous aerospace, automotive, chemical processing applications, and more. However, it should be noted that while Viton® is excellent in many respects, it’s not suitable for all applications, particularly those involving ketones, amines, low molecular weight esters and ethers, and hot hydrofluoric or chlorosulfonic acids.
Why Choose DLR Elastomer For Your Custom Rubber Sheeting?
DLR Elastomer has been helping our clients with their rubber requirements since 1895. Our history and expertise show in our high standards, and we proudly comply with ISO14001 and ISO9001 standards. All our products are researched, designed, tested and manufactured here in the UK at our Leyland site, and we are proud to comply with the Made In Britain code of conduct.
All our custom rubber sheeting products are manufactured in-house, and our strict quality control protocols and attention to detail ensure that each client receives a premium product for their particular need. The team here at DLR Elastomer are ready and waiting to speak to you about your requirements, so get in touch today.
Viton® Rubber Sheeting FAQs
Custom Viton® Rubber Sheeting is a type of high-performance synthetic rubber specifically designed and engineered to meet your unique requirements. Its customization can include a variety of parameters such as thickness, hardness, color, and texture to suit your specific industrial application needs.
DLR’s Viton® Rubber Sheeting offers multiple advantages such as exceptional temperature resistance, superior chemical resistance, low gas permeability, excellent mechanical properties, and impressive aging resistance. We customize these sheets to meet your specific requirements, making them perfect for a broad array of demanding applications.
Absolutely! At DLR, we specialize in creating custom solutions for our clients. Our team will guide you through the design, material selection, prototyping, and final production process, ensuring the final product aligns perfectly with your needs.
Yes, one of the standout properties of Viton® Rubber Sheeting is its exceptional resistance to high temperatures and a wide range of chemicals, making it ideal for use in demanding industrial environments.
Viton® Rubber Sheeting boasts robust mechanical properties, including high tensile strength, low compression set, good abrasion resistance, and excellent durability. It also showcases superior resistance to aging, weathering, ozone, and sunlight.
Any questions? Get in touch
Since 1895 DLR has been combining expansive knowledge of materials, their properties, and processing techniques to develop bespoke mouldings and fabrications for many industry sectors. Our core services include moulding rubber, rubber sheeting, Petroseals, and cast polyurethane products. If you have any questions about our products, our process or the materials we use get in touch today!